RESCHEDULED - Seminar by John Koontz
Topic: “Change Order Management: Best Practices for Success”
Successfully managing change orders on a complex and constantly changing project is a seasoned project manager’s greatest challenge and a new or inexperienced project manager’s greatest nightmare. If not well managed by proactive and knowledgeable project managers and foremen, change orders can cause unnecessary additional risk, destroy base contract labor productivity, ruin customer and contractor relationships, choke cash flow, reduce or eliminate profitability, and create nearly irreversible negative jobsite moral.
In this session, John Koontz will provide all attendees, regardless of age, position, or experience level, with numerous strategies and proven best practices for successfully navigating this multi-faceted and complicated project management challenge.
John will conduct a very informative and interactive discussion with attendees regarding change management and will emphasize and explain the critical importance of:
- Being proactive in your approach to change
- Planning and identifying changes early
- Knowing and following your contract
- Cost identification and explanation
- Believing and knowing what you are selling
- Working hard to have great communication and documentation
- Knowing your numbers
- Maintaining solid trust-based relationships
- Your partnership with your foreman
- Proceeding under protest wisely
- Pricing before proceeding whenever possible
- Understanding the difference between CCD’s and Change Orders
- Developing a standardized approach to changes
- Being able to identify, explain, and negotiate change order impact costs
- Negotiate price confidently and wisely
Date/Time:Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 – 4:30 p.m. Seminar
Location: Holiday Inn & Suites at Jordan Creek, 6075 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Fee: There is no cost to attend.
Attendees: This seminar is intended for Project Managers and Foremen.
Speaker: John R. Koontz, is MCAA’s national director for project management and advanced supervisory education. He brings a balance of academic and practical experience to his courses.
Sponsor: This seminar is sponsored by Mechanical Contractors Association of Iowa and the Central Iowa Industry Development Fund. Please contact the MCA of Iowa office at (515) 334-2616 with questions.Contact: Jennifer Adkins Email Me
RSVP for this Event
Please fill out the form below to reserve your spot for this event.
Become an MCAI member today and be part of the mechanical contracting industry’s premier association.