Jim McCarl Seminar
- Date: 5/2/2018 Time: 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn, West Des Moines
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 12:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 205 S. 64th Street, West Des Moines, IA
Presenter: F. James McCarl (President, The McCarl Group)
Topic: “Contracting 201: Educating Your Foreman to Better Understand the Business of Contracting, Why Profitability is a Team Effort and How they Impact the Bottom Line"
Outline: Do your company’s foremen understand your business operations? Are they aware of the factors that contribute to success and profitability? Both your company and your foremen can benefit from this broad perspective.Topics will include:
- What the foreman’s actions mean for each department and position
- How the foreman is impacted by job costs, markup, and overhead and the effect these things have on the foreman
- Why profit should matter to every foreman, where that profit goes and why it is necessary
- What happens when things go well, including the foreman’s role in ensuring that this is the case
- What happens when things go badly, including how crisis/mistakes/accidents are dealt with and who pays for it
- How contractors win and lose jobs, and what happens once a job is awarded
- Why marketing, sales and customer service are part of every foreman’s job description
- How company management decides when it’s time to grow, and how the foreman fits into plans for growth
Fee: There is no cost to attend.
Attendees: This seminar is intended for field supervisors and foreman. All levels of contractor management, including owners and project managers are encouraged to attend.
Speaker: F. James (Jim) McCarl helps businesses and non-profits maximize their potential. A nationally recognized speaker and strategist, his success strategies were developed over a 30-year career at the helm of McCarl’s, Inc., a family-owned construction business. Under his leadership, the company’s annual sales grew 1,000 percent, placing it in the top tier of mechanical contractors in the United States. Currently, he serves as Chairman of the Board for Gateway Bank of Pennsylvania, is a trustee for the University of Pittsburgh, and teaches classes on Entrepreneurship at Carnegie Mellon University.
Sponsor: This seminar is sponsored by Mechanical Contractors Association of Iowa and the Central Iowa Industry Development Fund. Please contact the MCA of Iowa office at (515) 334-2616 with questions.
RSVP for this Event
Please fill out the form below to reserve your spot for this event.